Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer goals

Tomorrow will be my last day at my main job for a while. I will have the summer off until mid-August. I will only be working my second job. It will be much better and the best part is that I will still get paid by my first job. Two checks all summer and only one job. Could there be anything better? Well, yeah, but I am not getting into that on this blog. LOL
My goals this summer are:
1. EXERCISE: I have a gym membership, but do not use it to the extent that I should. I really need to start using it more often, but with gas prices like they are right now, I might try walking/jogging/biking around the neighborhood. I enjoy walking and biking in the early morning before it gets hot outside. Since I am used to getting up early for work, I hope to continue and just exercise. I need to loose 20-30 pounds before the summer is over.
2. PAY OFF BILLS: I have two credit cards that I would like to pay off this summer. That is the reason for the second job. I would also like to start a savings account and put money in there every month. I have lots of things I want to purchase, but they all take down payments. The biggest thing I want to save up for is a new car!
3. HOME REPAIRS: I will be painting one of the rooms in my house this summer. It is a very light yellow color, I haven't decided if I want to keep it yellow, just brighter; or change the color altogether. I will also be painting a wall border in my basement game room. The walls are a bright red right now, and I would like to do a stencil border of the spade, heart, diamond, and club around the room. I will paint the club and spade in, and just put a black line around a heart and diamond. I will probably alternate black and red.

I think three goals are plenty. If I set too many goals for myself, then they will not get done.

No comments: