Thursday, June 12, 2008

Doctor bills

I know the doctors are usually correct when it comes to the care we need, but do they realize that it is way too expensive to have the care we need?
I have a hip problem and I need to wear a lift inside my shoe to raise my right hip. I also have heat therapy and a adjustment from the doctor. I found out that the out of cost for me would be 109.00 per visit. That would be not bad, but since I have to go for 3 days a week for 6-8 weeks, this is going to be very expensive for me.
I will continue seeing the doctor this summer and hope my condition gets better. I am starting to feel better as far as being able to walk better without pain. I know it is good for me.
Why do I get stuck paying an arm and a leg for care, but some people get health care free or at an extreme discount. Here I have to work two jobs right now to make ends meet and then this happens, but some people at sitting at home with three kids, no job, sitting at home smoking away, buying their kids the most expensive clothes, but they get free health care. What am I doing wrong? Why are the educated and middle-class people being punished with full expenses?

1 comment:

RainbowDishes said...

You know I am in the same boat right now. Between all these doctor's visits and the medications I have been taking....I AM BROKE! I can't get a raise at my job right now, and a second job is almost impossible with the stupid schedule I have at work. I am having to cancel all of my dentist appointments because I can't afford them anymore. I need to get my back feeling better (lots of doctor visits, meds, xrays, MRI, etc. ) before I can worry about the rest of the body. But since I work full-time and have insurance, I get to live my life without all the handouts that other people (who do nothing) get.